What documents are needed for “Identification” (ID) and “Proof of Residence” when opening a new account?
- What can I use for the government issued ID?
Government issued photo IDs can be any of the following:
- National ID
- What documents are accepted for Proof of Residence?
Below are examples of what can be accepted:
- Utility Bill (i.e. telephone, gas, electric)
- Bank Statement
- Mortgage Statement
- Signed Lease Agreement still within term
- Bank, Investment Letters
- Insurance statement from a credible source
- Tax Income Statement
These documents must be received in their entirety as we cannot accept payment stubs or folded documents. Confidential information such as account number(s) may be removed at your discretion. The document needs to be issued within the last 6 months.
To protect cardholder data, FXCM strongly advises our clients not to send any credit card information including card number, card holder name, expiration date, and CVV code via the MyFXCM portal, email or other unsecured means.