Stock Split Treatment
- All positions will be closed at the end of day rate.
- Any floating profit or loss will be realized.
- Positions are then automatically reopened at an adjusted open rate and position size, to retain the same notional value as the closed position.
- For example if a client has 10 contracts opened and the end of day rate is 300.00 and the underlying share has a 10:1 split
- The old position will be closed at 300.00
- A new position will be opened for 100 contracts at an opening rate of 30.00
- Pending orders including stop/limits are deleted and required to be re-entered manually by clients.
- If the split ratio is not a whole number, then only the closest whole number of contracts will be reopened. Where rounding is required, we will always round down.
- Margins will be updated accordingly using the same split ratio.
More about Stock Splits
What happens to the charts?
What happens to positions on Indices and Stock Baskets?
What Companies offered by FXCM have splits upcoming?
- NVIDIA (NVDA.us)