How do I install two instances of MetaTrader 4?
In order to install two instances of MetaTrader 4 (have two platforms running side by side) please follow the following steps:
- Download the installation file from here.
- Run the installation file once it downloads. Wait for the installer to initiate, then proceed to step 3.
- The license agreement window will be the first to come up. Please read through the license agreement and then check the box (as seen in the image below). Do Not press “Next”. Continue to step 4 first.
- Once the box is checked, the “Settings” button will go from being greyed out to a normal button. Please press the “Settings” button. (Image Below)
- Once the “Settings” window opens up, there will be a field where you can type the installation folder. In the installation folder filed at the end of the line of text please enter “‐2” without quotations. Then press “Next” (Image Below)
- After pressing “Next” the installer should install the MetaTrader 4 software as a second instance. Click “Finish” to complete the installation.
- The program that automatically opens will be the first MetaTrader 4 instance. Please close this platform.
- Navigate to the folder Computer OSDisk (C:) Program Files (x86) FXCM MetaTrader 4‐2. In that folder there will be a file called terminal.exe. You can open this file to open the second platform instance. You can also create a shortcut to put this file on the Desktop by right clicking on the file and clicking “Create Shortcut”