How do I use Expert Advisors in MetaTrader 4?
How to Add an EA to the Data Folder:
- In the MetaTrader 4 platform please navigate to File --> Open Data Folder
- Expert Advisors in MetaTrader 4
- Once the folder opens double click on “MQL4”
- Then select the “Experts” folder
- Copy the EA that you want to install into the “Experts” folder that opened and contains some pre-installed EAs.
Please Note: After installing a new EA make sure to restart the MetaTrader 4 platform.
How to Activate an EA:
- Drag the EA from the Expert Advisors section of the Navigator window onto the chart. This should open the settings window
- In the settings window navigate to the “Common” tab. Please make sure that “Allow Live Trading” and “Allow DLL imports” are both checked.
- Then press “OK”
- In the top tool bar you will see a button that says “AutoTrading” Make sure that it is clicked.
If all steps were followed correctly the top right corner of the chart should have a “smiley face”
In the top tool bar you will see a button that says “AutoTrading” Make sure that it is clicked.
Please Note: Any third party EA’s could have special instructions. Make sure to contact the source where the EA came from for proper instructions on the particular EA.
Please Note: If after following these steps you still experiencing issues with your EA, please:
- Ensure that you are following all the steps
- Restart the platform
- If you still cannot add your EA or it is not working correctly, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, via live chat, or via phone at +1 212 897-7660