How do I uninstall and reinstall the Trading Station platform?
Many problems can be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling Trading Station.
To uninstall, please follow the follow steps:
- Backup all necessary files such as indicators, templates, and layouts. If you do not have anything to backup, please proceed to Step 2. To back up the files, navigate to “My Computer OSDisk (C:) Program Files (x86) Candleworks FXTS2”
- If you are unable to locate this file, open the start menu and type in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2
- Copy the folders that you need to backup (indicators, templates, layouts) by right clicking on the folder and pressing “Copy” Then, right click on the Desktop and press “Paste”
- This must be done for every folder that you would like to back up
- Make sure the files are pasted on the desktop
- Navigate to the Control Panel and press Programs and Features, or in the Start Menu search enter: “uninstall a program” and select that result that comes up
- In the list of programs that comes up, please find FXCM Trading Station, right click on it, and press “Uninstall”
- In the prompt asking if you would like to uninstall, please click “Yes”
- This will begin the uninstallation process.
- In the next prompt, please select the option that says “Uninstall fully”
- Note: This will erase all settings. Please back up anything you would like to keep by following the steps above.
- The software will now uninstall. Once it has completed uninstalling please proceed to the next step.
- Please download the Trading Station platform.
- Once the download completes please begin running the installer, and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- To restore anything that was backed up (layouts, templates, indicators) please navigate to the folders that you placed on your Desktop and copy them by right clicking and pressing “Copy”
- Then navigate to “My Computer OSDisk (C:) Program Files (x86) Candleworks FXTS2” and delete the folders that are the same as the ones you backed up (layouts, templates, indicators)
- Then right click and press “Paste”
- This must be done for each backed up folder
- Restart the platform
- The backed up files should now be present in the platform
The reinstallation process is now complete
Please note that FXCM is not responsible for any lost data due to uninstalling and reinstalling. Please follow the steps carefully!
Links to third-party sites are provided for your convenience and for informational purposes only. FXCM bears no liability for the accuracy, content, or any other matter related to the external site or for that of subsequent links, and accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage arising from the use of this or any other content. Such sites are not within our control and may not follow the same privacy, security, or accessibility standards as ours. Please read the linked websites' terms and conditions.