How do I uninstall and reinstall the MetaTrader 4 platform?
Before uninstalling your platform, please be sure to backup any indicators, templates, or expert advisors that you would like to keep! FXCM is not liable for any lost data.
To uninstall and reinstall the MetaTrader 4 platform:
- Please go to the Start Menu and then go to the Control Panel
- Go to the Programs and Features section
- In the list, find FXCM MetaTrader 4. Right click on it and press Uninstall/Change
- In the window that comes up, check the box that says “Delete User Personal Data”
- Click “Next” to continue
- Allow the software to uninstall and then press finish
- To reinstall the software, please download the MetaTrader 4 platform
Links to third-party sites are provided for your convenience and for informational purposes only. FXCM bears no liability for the accuracy, content, or any other matter related to the external site or for that of subsequent links, and accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage arising from the use of this or any other content. Such sites are not within our control and may not follow the same privacy, security, or accessibility standards as ours. Please read the linked websites' terms and conditions.