I am using Trading Station and cannot place an OCO order, what do I do?
If you have a MetaTrader 4 (MT4) account and are using Trading Station, you may see an error message that you cannot place OCO orders. OCO order functionality is not built into MT4.
If you want all OCO order functionality, you will have to switch your account to the Trading Station.
Switching account types to Trading Station:
- Log into MyFXCM with your account number
- Click "Add New Account"
- On the "Add New Account" screen, click "Please create a new account with different login information"
- Select New Account Type: "Trading Station" and select your preferred currency
- Select a password for your new account
- At the bottom of the screen, you can enter the amount you would like to have transferred into this new Trading Station account.
- Transferring your full balance to the new Trading Station account will close your current account.
If you do not want to switch to the Trading Station platform, there is an Expert Advisor (EA) that creates OCO orders on MetaTrader 4 (click here).