My credit or debit card deposit was declined, why?
If a card deposit is declined, it is usually due to incorrect information in the deposit details.
Please confirm all the information you entered and try the deposit again. If your deposit is still getting declined, please look below for possible reasons and solutions.
- The name on your card does not match the name on your account: Your funds must come from an account with a name matching the name on your FXCM account.
- Solution: Confirm the name on your FXCM account by logging into MyFXCM and selecting “Personal Information”. Once confirmed, try the deposit again.
- The address associated with your card does not match the address you entered in the deposit details: The address used for the deposit must match the address listed on the credit or debit card.
- Solution: Confirm the address for your card and try the deposit again.
- The CVV2 is incorrect: The three digit security code (CVV2) on the back of your card does not match the information entered on the deposit details. If the number does not match, the card issuer will decline the payment.
- Solution: Confirm the CVV code on the back of your card and try the deposit again.
- Card limit reached: The deposit amount exceeds the card's daily limit. In order to protect your funds, many debit and credit cards have a limit on how much can be charged daily and/or a limit on the amount you can spend at one time.
- Solution: You can break up your deposit into multiple transactions (try 2-3 deposits).
- Solution: You can contact your bank or card issuer to temporarily remove this limit.
- Insufficient Funds: The deposit amount exceeds the available amount on your credit or debit card.
- Solution: Check your available balance or contact your card issuer. Once done, try to deposit again. Security feature on your card. A security feature, like fraud protection, on your card is preventing FXCM's automated system from processing the deposit.
- Solution: Contact your card issuer for more details on how to resolve this issue. In the mean-time, you can still deposit using one our other methods.
- Prepaid Card: The deposit attempt was made using a prepaid credit or debit card. We do not accept prepaid credit or debit cards because we are unable to verify the origin of the funds.
- Solution: You can fund your account with a different deposit options.