How do I install two instances of MetaTrader 4?
In order to install two instances of MetaTrader 4 (have two platforms running side by side) please follow the following steps:
- Download the installation file.
- Run the installation file once it downloads. Wait for the installer to initiate, then proceed to step 3.
- The license agreement window will be the first to come up. Please read through the license agreement and then check the box. Do Not press “Next”. Continue to step 4 first.
- Once the box is checked, the “Settings” button will go from being greyed out to a normal button. Please press the “Settings” button.
- Once the “Settings” window opens up, there will be a field where you can type the installation folder. In the installation folder filed at the end of the line of text please enter “‐2” without quotations. Then press “Next”
- After pressing “Next” the installer should install the MetaTrader 4 software as a second instance. Click “Finish” to complete the installation.
- The program that automatically opens will be the first MetaTrader 4 instance. Please close this platform.
- Navigate to the folder Computer OSDisk (C:) Program Files (x86) FXCM MetaTrader 4‐2. In that folder there will be a file called terminal.exe. You can open this file to open the second platform instance. You can also create a shortcut to put this file on the Desktop by right clicking on the file and clicking “Create Shortcut”