What documents are needed for Identification (ID) and Proof of Residence when opening a new account?

What documents are accepted for the government issued ID?

Government issued photo IDs can be any of the following:

  • Passport
  • Driver's License
  • Non-driver's ID

What documents are accepted for Proof of Residence?

Below are examples of what can be accepted:

  • Recent Utility Bill (i.e. telephone, gas, electric)
  • Recent Bank Statement
  • Recent Mortgage Statement
  • Signed Lease Agreement still within term
  • Bank, Investment Letters
  • Insurance statement from a credible source with up-to-date premium period
  • Tax Bill for a house or property
  • Residential Registration Card issued by the government
  • Notarized letters – issued within the last 6 months, signed and stamped by a legitimate local notary

These documents must be received in their entirety as we cannot accept payment stubs or folded documents. Confidential information such as account number(s) may be removed at your discretion. Please note that a mobile phone bill is not an acceptable form of proof of residence.

For information about Electronic signatures - please click here.