What documents are needed for Identification (ID) and Proof of Residence when opening a new account?
What documents are accepted for the government issued ID?
Government issued photo IDs can be any of the following:
- Driver's License
- Non-driver's ID
What documents are accepted for Proof of Residence?
Below are examples of what can be accepted:
- Recent Utility Bill (i.e. landline, internet, gas, electric). Please note that a mobile phone bill will not be accepted as a valid Proof of Residence.
- Recent Bank Statement
- Recent Mortgage Statement
- Signed Lease Agreement still within term
- Signed or stamped Bank, Investment Letters
- Home Insurance statement with up-to-date premium period
- Tax Bill for a house or property
- Residential Registration Card issued by the government
These documents must be received in their entirety as we cannot accept payment stubs or folded documents. Confidential information such as account number(s) may be removed at your discretion. Please note that a mobile phone bill is not an acceptable form of proof of residence.
To protect cardholder data, FXCM strongly advises our clients not to send any credit card information including card number, card holder name, expiration date, and CVV code via the MyFXCM portal, email or other unsecured means.