How do I install a custom indicator from a third party?
To install an indicator that you may have downloaded from a third party like FXcodebase, follow these steps:
- Locate the .LUA file in your downloads folder
- Drag and drop it onto a chart in Marketscope 2.0
By doing this the indicator should automatically install itself to the platform.
If that does not work, you will need to follow these instructions:
- Completely log out of your Trading Station and close the platform.
- Download the .LUA indicator.
- Go to your computer downloads
- “Start” -> “Computer” -> “Downloads”
- Locate the Indicator. The file type will be .LUA.
- Right click and select “Copy”.
- Go to the indicator directory folder
- “Start” -> “Computer” -> “C Drive” -> “Program Files x86” -> “Candleworks” -> “FXTS2” -> “Indicators” -> “Custom”
- Right click and paste the copied Indicator into this folder.
- Re-open your Trading Station and log in.
- Open a chart
- Right click on the chart and select add indicator
- Choose your newly installed indicator and add it to the chart
Please note that if your Trading Station is not completely closed, the Indicator may not automatically show up in the indicators list after you install it.