How can I add a Stop Loss or Take Profit after I placed a trade on MT4?
To enter a Stop Loss or Take Profit (Limit) after your trade has executed:
- From the Terminal Window, find the trade you want to add a Stop Loss or Limit (Take Profit) to
- Right click on the trade
- Choose “Modify or Delete Order”
- In the Order window, confirm the order number listed in the top left hand corner is the same as the order number in the terminal window for the trade you want to modify
- You may can manually add a Stop Loss Rate in the window titled Stop Loss and the same for the Take Profit (Limit )
- When you feel you have correctly modified the Stop Loss or Take Profit (Limit), and the button for Modify is highlighted, you may submit the order modification.
*Please note that if you use select “points” that 1 point = 1/10th of a pip.